Homemade Cauliflower Pizza Crustouttathyme Homemade Cauliflower Pizza Crust Print This
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour (regular or gluten free)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Any other toppings your heart desires!
- Put ½ of the cauliflower florets into bowl of food processor, pulse until it resembles rice (about 30 seconds). Transfer into a large bowl and place other ½ of florets into food processor to repeat above.
- Microwave pulsed cauliflower for 5 minutes OR add all to a pot with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil to let it cook for 5 minutes with a lid on. Alternatively, you can also steam the cauliflower.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Let cauliflower cool for 15 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, transfer cauliflower to a clean dish towel or cheesecloth. Squeeze of excess moisture — make sure to do this until virtually no water comes out and the cauliflower is dry. This is VERY important to the success of the recipe.
- Next transfer cauliflower pulp to a large bowl and add in egg, mozzarella, parmesan, flour, garlic powder, oregano, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir to combine and form a soft dough.
- Place dough in the middle of the prepared pan and push out with your hands to form a 9-10 inch circle, with about ¼ inch dough thickness. Brush 1 tbsp Olive Oil on the crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes until crust is firm and slightly golden brown. Remove from oven, then flip, brush the rest of the Olive Oil on the crust and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Top with pizza sauce and cheese (or whatever your heart desires). Bake for 5-10 more minutes until cheese is melted, then turn broiler on for 1-2 minutes to get cheese nice and golden brown and bubbly. Make sure to watch carefully!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes minutes before cutting into 8 slices and serving. Serves 4, 2 slices each.
*Recipe adapted from Ambitious Kitchen