**Image from The Kitchn
Sweet and Smoky Grilled Peachesouttathyme **Image from The Kitchn Print This
- 6 peaches, preferably freestone
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Ice cream or whipped cream
- Light a gas grill to medium heat.
- Put Brown Sugar in a plate
- Halve and pit the peaches. Run a sharp knife along each peach’s seam to halve them. Remove the pit and brush each cut side with olive oil. Then dip the cut side of the peach into the brown sugar to get just a coating of sugar on the peach
- Grill cut-side down, over medium heat, for 4 to 5 minutes. Place the peaches cut-side down on the grill and cook undisturbed until grill marks appear, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Flip the peaches and cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the peaches and grill until the skins are charred and the peaches are soft, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Serve the peaches. Remove from the grill. Serve the grilled peaches with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
*Recipe adapted from The Kitchn