I am on such a salad kick. In an attempt to hail my take out consumption, I have been creating some new favs at home. This one has robust flavors and couldn’t be easier to make…the sun-dried tomatoes are a game changer!
“Kale, Caesar!” Saladouttathyme I am on such a salad kick. In an attempt to hail my take out consumption, I have been creating some new favs at home. This one has robust flavors… Print This
- Ingredients for Dressing*:
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijion mustard
- 3 garlic gloves, minced
- 3 anchovy fillets, minced to paste (optional)
- 1 3/4 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 3 tbsp EVOO (I only did 2 tbsp, I like it more acidic)
- Ingredients for the Salad:
- 2 cups Kale, shredded
- 1 lb of shrimp
- 1 kernel of Corn, cooked and cut off the cob
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp shallot, diced
- 1 tbsp, grapeseed oil (or oil that has a high smoking point)
- Parmesan, shaved
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Skewers for the shrimp
For the dressing:
Whisk lemon juice, Worcestershire, mustard, garlic, anchovies, ¼ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper in a bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified and set aside.
Dressing can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
For the salad:
Marinate shrimp in oil, shallot, salt and pepper for at least 20 mins. Then skewer shrimp.
Wash and shred kale
Put corn and shrimp on the grill.
Cook corn for 5-10mins, rotate sides
Cook shrimp for 2-3 mins each side
Once off the grill, take the corn off the cob
Assemble salad with all ingredients; parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes, croutons, corn and shrimp. Dress to your liking.
*Dressing recipe adapted from Cooks Illustrated ‘All-Time Best Spring Recipes 2018’
Shop My Kitchen!