Meatball Slidersouttathyme Meatball Sliders Print This
- 1 lb ground meat (these are chicken but beef is really good too)
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage out of the casing (chicken here but pork is great. If your market doesn’t have it loose, the butcher can take it out of the casing for you. Quicker prep time for you!)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Provolone Cheese
- Olive Oil Spray, for coating the baking dish (just Olive Oil is fine too)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Jar of Marina Sauce (use your favorite here, we love Rao's Homemade)
- Turano Baking Company Bambino Rolls (or any Italian bread, cut to slider size
-Preheat oven to 400 degrees
-In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients BUT the provolone, marinara and rolls
-Spray a baking dish olive oil spray
-Spread meat onto pan so it’s about 1” layer thick and coat with Olive Oil
-Bake for 15mins, check temperature with meat thermometer to ensure it’s cooked to your liking/not raw (depending on what meat you use)
-While the meat is cooking cut the rolls to desired slider sizes. (I like to scoop out some of the bread, so it’s not as heavy and has a smaller bread to meat ratio)
-When the meat is cooked, cover the meat with marinara sauce and provolone slices, then put it back in the oven for 3-5 mins to melt
-Prior to serving, warm up the rest of the marinara sauce for dipping
-Take the meat out of the oven and cut the meat into squares that are just a tad bigger than the slider rolls.
-Assemble and enjoy!
*You can also make these ahead of time and bake it with the marinara sauce and cheese before serving!
Shop My Kitchen!