Is there anything better than peak of the season veggies? Yes, when you add REALLY great olive oil and crusty bread to them. I was so lucky to study abroad in Madrid, Spain and fell in love with Gazpacho. Chunky or pureed, there is nothing more rereshing or flavorful than Gazpacho.
- ½ a cucumber, peeled and seeded
- ½ large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 lbs ripe red tomatoes (heirlooms are really great in this)
- 1 garlic glove, grated
- ½ large shallot, chopped
- Flaky sea salt (Maldon salt is my fav)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- Grilled or toasted bread for serving
Combine all ingredients, minus salt and bread. Divide into serving bowls, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle salt and serve with bread. OR Combine all ingredients, minus salt and bread, and puree in the blender until smooth. Divide into serving bowls, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle salt and serve with bread.
Shop My Kitchen!