Elote Saladouttathyme Shop My Kitchen! Print This
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and clean
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro or basil, chiffonade
- 1/4 cup Cojita cheese, grated
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Grill corn and poblano pepper (whole).
- While those are grilling, chiffon cilantro or basil and cut tomatoes in half.
- Grab a large serving bowl and place the corn vertically in the bowl with one end resting in the bowl and the other end in your hand. With a sharp knife, shave the corn off the cob into the bowl.
- If the corn is too hot, use a towel to hold the corn in place.
- Once all the corn is off the cob, add in the salt, lime juice, shallot and butter. Stir until the butter melts.
- Then add in the cojita cheese, diced poblanos, halved tomatoes, cilantro or basil, stir and serve. This is great warm-ish or cold.
Shop My Kitchen!