Mushroom and Sage Risottoouttathyme Mushroom and Sage Risotto Print This
- 4 cups chicken broth (If you wanted to make this vegetarian, you could use vegetable broth)
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 stick butter, cubed
- 1 pound mushrooms, such as cremini and shiitake, washed & sliced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves
- In a pot, bring the broth to a boil.
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and half of the shallot and S+P. Cook until browned; transfer to a plate.
- In a saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add the additional shallot, 1 tbsp of sage and cook until softened
- Stir in the rice and stir occasionally for 5 mins
- Add the wine and cook for 3-5 mins
- Then add the broth, one ladle at a time, adding more as it absorbs.
- Cook until the rice is tender, about 10 minutes-25 mins.
- When cooked, stir in the parmesan, 1 tablespoon butter, the mushrooms and season with S+P
- Cover and let sit
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat the remaining 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat
- Stir in the sage and cook until the butter turns golden and the sage is crisp, about 5 minutes (it makes a browned butter sauce)
- Serve the risotto with the buttered-fried sage on top. YEP, butter-fried sage
- Sprinkle some more parm on and serve
Recipe adapted from Rachel Ray Magazine
Shop My Kitchen!